The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts' Tech Kits for Performing Artists program is a resource to enable performing artists to document their works and publish them online. This kit contains a number of items that are commonly used to document and post performance work online.COVID-19 has presented extreme challenges for performing artists. Live performances have all but disappeared, drastically reducing income opportunities for many artists. Simultaneously, virtual performances, auditions, classes and collaborations have all moved online, making the need for in-home technological resources all the more crucial for performing artists at any stage in their careers and creative process.
To help provide resources for performing artists during this unprecedented time, the Library is offering tech kits, including various hardware and software, to enable performing artists to document their works and publish them online.
To think about performing arts through the lens of technology, Pioneer Works will co-present a series of classes and video tutorials to take users step by step through their Tech Kits.
What's included in the kits?
- 12.9” iPad Pro with cellular data
- Logitech Slim Folio Pro case with integrated keyboard
- Logitech B100 Corded Mouse
- AKG Lyra USB microphone
- Behringer HC 2000B Wireless Headphones with Bluetooth
- Xcellon usb c - 4-port usb 3.1 hub
- GVM LED Ring Light with Phone Tripod Stand Kit
- Connection cables and chargers
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 MIDI keyboard (available with select kits)
Who can borrow a kit?
- Anyone over the age of 18 with a New York Public Library card. Don't have a card? Sign up for one here.
How can I borrow a kit?
- Simply search the catalog for "Tech Kit," and request the item as you would any other circulating materials from the Library. Select your preferred grab-and-go location for pick-up.
How will I know when my kit is ready? Where will I pick it up?
- You will receive an email when your tech kit is ready for pick-up. You will be able to then pick it up within 24 hours at the grab-and-go location you indicated when placing your hold.
How long can I borrow a kit for?
- Kits are available for between one and three months.
Have additional questions?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tech Kits for Performing Artists is made possible by generous grants from The NYC COVID-19 Response and Impact Fund in The New York Community Trust, the Ford Foundation, and the Tiger Baron Foundation.
Tech Programs at Pioneer Works are supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.