Separate Sundays is a continuation of our monthly collaboration with 8ball Radio, who we partner with for “Live from Pioneer Works” every Second Sunday. In this isolation iteration, we will explore performances, activations, and residencies that would’ve happened on-site, off-site, or in parallel dimensions during our monthly Second Sundays program.
Hosted by our Director of Music, Justin Frye, and our Head of Residencies and Classes, Christina Daniels, tune in right here or at 8ballradio.nyc to listen at 6PM ET every second Sunday of each month.
This episode will include:
- 5:30PM-6PM: Open Studios Q&A with Tech Resident Umber Majeed and our Director of Technology Tommy Martinez on Instagram Live.
- 6PM-8PM Separate Sundays Radio Program on 8ball Radio
Hosted by Justin Frye and Christina Daniels, featuring:
- Visual Arts Resident Christie Neptune reads from Liminal Spaces:Migration and Women of the Guyanese Diaspora.
- October Music Residents Saint Abdullah share journal excerpts and new tracks.
- We revisit Scientific Controversies No. 15: Black Holes in honor of this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics
- Tech Residents Yang Wang and Zhenzhen Qi guide us through “How To Not Be Looped,” a handbook, toolkit, and web experiences to probe an increasingly constructed way of living.
- Deep dive into our archive with photographer Lucien Samaha’s account of his practice and the exhibition A History of Digital Photography.
- Horoscope Toasts with Joey Frank—It’s Scorpio season!
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.