Separate Sundays is a continuation of our monthly collaboration with 8ball Radio, who we partner with for “Live from Pioneer Works” every Second Sunday. In this isolation iteration, we will explore performances, activations, and residencies that would’ve happened on-site, off-site, or in parallel dimensions during our monthly Second Sundays program.
Hosted by our Director of Music, Justin Frye, tune in right here or at 8ballradio.nyc to listen at 6PM ET every second Sunday of each month.
This episode will feature:
- 6PM-9PM Separate Sundays Radio Program
Hosted by Justin Frye, featuring
- Quarantine check-in and listening session with Music Resident Jeremiah Cymerman, in conversation with Justin Frye
- Visual Arts Resident Erin Johnson on Unnamed for Decades, in conversation with Christina Daniels
- Claudia Bitran discusses her piece Titanic (1997) in conversation with Christina Daniels and a sound performance of “My Heart Will Go On” edited by sound artist Tei Blow
- Leland Melvin: Chasing Space—live from the Pioneer Works Science Archive
- Alumni Tech Resident Woody Sullender plays selections from Four Movements, his forthcoming album constructed in video game space.
- S4AD preview: Onyx Ashanti Interview with Tommy Martinez
- Horoscope Toasts with Joey Frank
- 9PM-10PM: Separate Sundays After Party with DJ Royal
Presented in collaboration with The Mayor’s Action Plan for Neighborhood Safety, Neighborhood STAT Red Hook Houses, and Red Hook Community Justice Center
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.