The Staff Accountant will play an active role in a variety of accounting activities including general accounting and bookkeeping, financial reporting, year-end audit, and cash flow management. This position reports to and takes direction from the Director of Finance, and will work closely with others in the organization across departments as it relates to accounting matters. The nature of the role requires strict adherence to deadlines and strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Record all bank activities on bank statements to general ledger
- Process accounts receivable, including depositing checks, recording wire transfers, processing cash count, etc.
- Process and review accounts payable and check requests through Bill.com
- Process bi-weekly payroll through ADP
- Review credit card transactions through Expensify
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts (prepaid expenses, account
- payable and account receivable reconciliations, restricted donations and restricted net
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance and other staff regarding accounting and non-accounting issues
- Assist in the compilation of information for the organization’s year-end, quarterly and
- monthly financial statements
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Process year-end 1099 filings
- Assist the Director of Finance with other special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 1 year experience in accounting
- Ability to perform accounting research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, stay organized, work
- under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate abilities working in Excel
- Experience with Intacct and Bill.com accounting software is a plus
- Experience working in a non-profit organization helpful, but not essential
Compensation commensurate with experience. Range: $55-65k/year + benefits
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant_[Applicant Name]” in the subject heading. Please do not call to inquire about your application. Should you match our needs, we will be in contact with you.
Pioneer Works is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve.
Pioneer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.