About Pioneer Works
Pioneer Works is a cultural center in Brooklyn, New York dedicated to experimentation, education, and production across the disciplines of art, science, music, and technology.
Pioneer Works seeks an experienced and energized Director of Individual Giving. The Director will be responsible for the implementation of the organization’s first comprehensive Individual Giving program and strategy that builds and maintains donor relationships and increases individual support and engagement with the organization across giving levels. As a key member of the Advancement team, the Director will oversee a 100+ donor portfolio, executing cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation efforts for major gifts to achieve financial goals. This position will also be responsible for creating meaningful and impactful relationships with prospects/donors that foster strong community and advance engagement with the organization. Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Advancement and overseeing the Annual Giving Manager, this role will interface with the organization’s leaders and board members.
In alignment with Pioneer Works current hybrid work policy, all applicants must be available to report to the office at least three days per week.
- Build and oversee comprehensive individual giving programs from low to high-level donor levels, which includes cultivation events
- Direct and manage a major gifts portfolio through in-person and written interactions throughout the year
- Manage a pipeline of individual giving prospects, focusing on increasing donations and engagement throughout the donor experience
- Maintain donor relationship summaries and reports in CRM for all active funders
- Track and maintain giving projections to ensure financial goals are met
- Ensure appropriate donor acknowledgment, stewardship, and recognition
- Create solicitation materials, report and manage tracking for individual fundraising efforts, and provide fundraising updates and strategies, as required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in nonprofit development with direct experience in individual giving
- Demonstrated understanding of donor management and the ability to grow relationships with key stakeholders across a spectrum of disciplines
- Ambitious work ethic and ability to work both autonomously and as part of departmental or cross-departmental team
- Familiarity and comfort with databases and other digital tools supporting Advancement and Finance functions; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Exceptional communication and writing ability across a range of forms and contexts
- Robust organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, with zealous attention to detail
- Knowledge and keen interest in our programming and work
- Ability to think creatively, synthesize information effectively, and tailor information to appeal to a broad spectrum of funder interests
$90,000 - $120,000/year, based on experience
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with “Director of Individual Giving_[Applicant Name]” in the subject line. All applications are due by February 1, 2024, however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that while careful consideration will be given to each submission, Pioneer Works will only contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and work experience best meet the requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, only complete applications including a cover letter will be considered for an interview.
Pioneer Works is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve.
Pioneer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.