About Pioneer Works
Pioneer Works is a cultural center in Brooklyn, New York dedicated to experimentation, education, and production across the disciplines of art, science, music, and technology.
Pioneer Works seeks an experienced, motivated, and highly organized Chief Financial Officer. The CFO plays a key role on our leadership team with hands-on responsibility for Pioneer Works’ financial management, contributing to the development of the organization’s operational and strategic goals, and providing insight into opportunities for long-term financial resilience. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this individual will be responsible for managing a $10M annual budget and multi-million dollar capital project with a layered financing model.
In addition, the CFO will oversee all bookkeeping and accounting, forecasting, and will work with an external accountant and the executive team and be the primary lead in annual budgeting and business & financial planning. We recently re-engineered our accounting systems to take advantage of the most recent accounting solutions (QBO Advance, Synder, BILL & DIVVY, and JustWorks) and are in search of a leader that will take our accounting and finances to the next level. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected creative organization.
- Oversee all financial operations and activities of the $10M operating budget
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Manage the preparation of financial statements, reports, and budgets
- Conduct financial analysis and provide recommendations
- Monitor cash flow and manage banking relationships
- Oversee payroll processing and troubleshoot payroll issues
- Collaborate with departments to support business development initiatives
- Provide insight and guidance to the CEO
- Minimum 5+ years work experience in finance, accounting, or related field
- Experience with problem-solving accounting & operation issues
- Reasonable accounting skills and knowledge of financial statement preparation
- Experience and familiarity with QBO Advance, Synder, BILL & DIVVY, and JustWorks
- Ability to interpret financial reports and provide insights for decision-making
- Proficiency in cash flow analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices or enough knowledge to know when to ask for help
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
In alignment with Pioneer Works current hybrid work policy, all applicants must be available to report to the office at least three days per week.
$160,000 - 180,000/year, based on experience
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFO_[Applicant Name]” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that while careful consideration will be given to each submission, Pioneer Works will only contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and work experience best meet the requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, only complete applications including a cover letter will be considered for an interview.
Pioneer Works is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve.
Pioneer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.