- Dedicated music studio
- Use of in-house microphones, back-line, recording equipment and instruments.
- Engineering assistance from our technical staff.
- Potential to set up one on one workshops to learn new skills and recording techniques.
- Public engagement opportunities (Open Studios at Second Sundays, teaching, etc.)
- $200 unrestricted stipend
- We do not accept students currently enrolled in school. However, a BA, MA, BFA, or MFA is not required.
- We do accept collectives. However, please apply via one application.
- To maintain equity, we do not accept alumni residents
A jury of Alumni Residents and Pioneer Works staff will convene to consider candidates. Accepted candidates will be notified by December 1, 2021. Unfortunately, due to the number of applicants, we cannot provide individual feedback.
Our online application is open from September 1 at 11am EST to September 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm EST. Applications submitted in person or late will not be accepted. For questions on the application process, please join us for an Information Session on August 19 from 7-8pm EST via Zoom.
- Do you accept late submissions?
- No, we have a strict deadline.
- Do you provide housing or transportation?
- No, we do not.
- I made a mistake on my application. What should I do?
- If you submit incorrectly before the deadline, you can resubmit with a note about the previous application.
- Can I apply as a collective?
- Yes, please submit ONE application.
- Can I apply in person?
- No applications will be accepted in person.
- Do you offer feedback on an application?
- No, unfortunately to the number of applicants, we cannot provide individual feedback.
- Can I apply if I am an Alumni Resident?
- To maintain equity, we do not accept alumni residents.
This form will open at 11:00am Eastern Standard Time on September 1.